Rachels Project Blog - See photos On word document from google drive - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZpKjtGKUz9a1BltSwKMDgvBMZYHiQnH9

PROJECT BLOG
MONDAY 9th OCT 2017

On the Monday 9th October 2017 my tutor Wayne Gallear, introduced that I will need to do a project which will be on going throughout the year. Today I have noted down my initial ideas for my project even though I struggled to come up with the ideas I think they are pretty good ideas as my teacher approved of them. My initial project ideas can be seen down below:

1. 2D Game using phaser ( 2D Pong game) 

2. 3D model Maya - clothes

3. Self-Driving car robot

Today I also created this blog using blogger and the aim of the weekly blog is to present it at the end of the academic year & update and keep record of everything that I will be doing during my project. Within this weekly blog I will also document any problems that I come across & how I overcame them whilst creating my project. All my feelings and thoughts will also be documented in the blog also. I will use the rest of the week to decide what will be the chosen project that I will pick.

MONDAY 16th - 20th OCT 2017

I found myself rather stressed this week, even though this week was half term and I had two assignments due for when I resumed back to class, I was busy focusing and trying to get them done. Because of this in all honesty I had not worked on my project at all due to the other work that had been set.

MONDAY 23rd - 25th OCT 2017

Based on the previous week I spent the next couple of days deciding which project I wanted to pick to do for throughout the year. I ended up picking the Maya model as initial project idea which was creating a male model superhero character punching through glass using Maya.

Why did I pick the 1st initial idea over all the other project ideas?
The reason as to why I choose to do a male model superhero character using Maya as opposed to all the other initial ideas is firstly the I figured the Self-Driving car robot Idea would be unrealistic as I wouldn’t be able to create as I have difficulty with coding. Another reason as to why this project would be unrealistic is that I have never created one before, so I would not even know where to start. Moving on to the 2D game of Pong, in wouldn’t enjoy this as a project very much as I am also not interested in gaming. Whereas with the Maya project always loved using the software.

Overall, I decided to do the Maya model project idea. Even though I did something like this previously on the HND and for my 3D modelling and animation unit for the course I am currently doing. On the HND I created my own Maya model of a female character. In addition to this for the current course I have had to create other models and animate them as well as creating a scene. Due to this I have experience and kind of know what I am doing hence why I wanted to stick to 1st project idea as I already have the skills, it also works to my advantage that i am very familiar to Maya's user interface. Even though I have the skills I found that when I was doing my assignments for the 3D modelling and animation unit I found it difficult to animate the model and scene properly and I wanted to perfect my craft. My project is estimated to be ongoing throughout the whole academic year and ending in May 2018.


THURSDAY 26th OCT 2017

Today I spent Thursday, Friday and the weekend thinking what exactly it was that I wanted to create. Of course, I knew that I wanted to make a project in Maya, but I had to know what I want it to consist of. After watching tutorials, I found inspiration on what I wanted my Maya scene to be about. I decided and was inspired to create a superhero male character smashing through glass. Through watching these videos I used these days to gather my findings on how to help create superhero like models that I wanted to use.


MONDAY 30th OCT 2017

It is the end of the month and Monday approaches us, I finally began to create my first male model character and I am so excited to start. I start by finding my image planes that I want to use to create my male model.





Once I done this I imported the image plane, then inserted a poly cylinder and created 8 subdivisions axes and 4 subdivisions for the height. Afterwards I began to shape the torso to match my reference and then I created the neck.

The next step that took place was to shape the torso and create the neck for the male model. To do this I adjusted the rows of the poly-cylinder so that it matches my reference (image planes), this was made achievable using the scale tool as you can see in my images (evidence). I made sure I adjust the rows in both the front view as well as the side view. I done this as I want it to be aligned to the torso also. Moving on to the neck I selected the 8 faces at the top of the poly-cylinder and began to extrude it inwards so that it resembled a neck. I made sure that it was later lined up with the reference before I extruded the neck more upwards even further.

MONDAY 6th NOV 2017


Last week I focused on the basics of my project, I imported the image planes that I was going to use throughout my project, before I crated the torso & the neck and then shaped it to match my reference. This week I aim to focus on creating some arms for my male model character. On Monday I started where I left of by inserting an edge loop so that I could add the arm to the torso that was created. Then I inserted another poly cylinder and set it to have 6 subdivisions axes as well as 6 subdivisions for the height. This was the next step that I carried out. Then I slightly rotated it inwards towards the torso almost as if it’s leaning against it. The reason why I did this is because eventually when working on my project I will need to combine the arm to the torso, so the placement of the arm is crucial.

I know it's only the beginning of the week, but I would happily scream my house down and pull out my hair right now. I NEED TO VENT!  I know I've only just started my project, and I have created a whole other female model character before, but I must admit that Maya is one of the most annoying if not frustrating software to use. I forgot how much it annoyed me when I selected components and found out that I selected components that I had no intention whatsoever to select e.g. vertices, edges or faces etc. that are hidden behind my current view.Moving the components that were unknowingly selected was highly annoying as there would be multiple times where I would be adjusting one side of the components, then I would rotate round to the other side only to discover that I had disfigured that area when previously working on the arms and legs. It is so stressful because whilst I thought that what I’m doing is correct it is not, and the model doesn't match up with my reference.

I encountered a problem where when I was modelling it was irritating when I went to select a group of faces, I would alter that section and then rotate the model round to the other side only to find out that the model was disfigured. Dispite this I managed to overcome this problem, one of the ways that I managed to overcome this problem as there was an option that I could select so that it would select the faces behind what it was that I selected.


It is now Wednesday, and I now need to shape the arms, I spent the rest of the week shaping the arm. I did this whilst using the side view and rotating the arm resulting in it bending slightly in the picture like so. I then moved all my verts row by row so that they matched my reference. When doing this I made sure I angled the top row of the arm and tilted it towards the torso, so it was positioned at an angle. The reason as to why I did this is because placement is very important. So, when it comes to combining all the parts together later (arm, legs, hands and feet) this will be easy.



MONDAY 13th NOV 2017

It’s a new week and I thank god for this... with the week I had last week, I am very glad that it is over. With my project I must say I am quite happy with what I have produced so far even though, I know it is still a working progress. Picking up from where I left of I had to finish shaping the arm and make sure all the verts and edges aligned with my reference. Once this task was complete I had to spend the next couple of days creating and shaping the legs for my model. At first, I used the front view, then I inserted a poly-cylinder and then similarly to the arm I set it to have 8 subdivisions axis as well as 6 subdivisions for the height.


I would say that creating the basic shape of the leg/arm is without the doubt the easiest part when it comes to 3D character modelling. The more complex and difficult part is shaping the body parts and making it match the reference.

So, throughout the week I focused on shaping the leg. Just like I had done with the torso and the arm, I scaled the leg to the reference image using the scale tool. However, making sure that it matches the image plane often takes some time as you want to try and make it as perfect as ever. To help angle and match up to the image plane I used the rotate tool.


It is now the weekend and I noticed that when I switched to the side view the leg didn’t match my reference. So, I spent the weekend doing the same as I had done in the front view and continued to match the leg up to the reference using the edge rings so that it is positioned properly to match my reference.




MONDAY 20th NOV 2017
Not much of my project got completed because I was feeling ill to the extent that I wasn’t able to even go into any of my classes. Due to being ill I felt upset and drained in general because a whole week had been and gone as if it was just wasted, and I was not able to do much. Apart from resting the only thing that I managed to do in terms of my project was to duplicate the leg and the arm to the other side.
On the Tuesday/Wednesday I cut the torso in half and then focused on attaching everything. I deleted the top faces of the leg and the arm and some on the side of the torso so that it could be joined together. Then I selected and highlighted all the body parts and clicked on the combine tool. Following on from this I used the duplicate special tool and then changed the ' x scale' to -1.0000, so that it will automatically duplicate.






MONDAY 27th NOV 2017

It’s a new fresh week and I’m extremely happy because I’m feeling refreshed and just a lot better in general (health wise). Last week I was not able to do much regarding my project but as I am feeling a lot better I plan to work hard due to all the time I lost last week.

Now it’s the end of the week and looking back on what I have achieved during the week I must say I’m very satisfied with the result. This week I was able to connect the arms and legs to the body. Firstly, to connect the arms to the body I deleted the top row of my arm for both sides. Then I extruded the two faces on the upper torso outwards on both sides, afterwards I grabbed the verts on the bottom and snapped them to the outside edges of the arm to make sure that they were connected. The final step I took was to push the verts and edges that were created to add more volume and match my reference. By doing this, this will give the male model more definition to make it appear to have muscles. I then attempted to space out the verts, edges and faces evenly so the model will have a good topology.





Once I worked on connecting the arms to the body I then began to work on connecting the legs to the body. For me to do this I adjusted the bottom row to the leg and line the verts up closer to each other.
The next step was to bridge from the back of the body to the front & add a subdivision, connect the edges and then pull down the edges which will be the crotch area. As soon as this is done I adjusted the faces to match the leg, so that they are corresponding with the leg.







 




MONDAY 4th DEC 2017

I had a very successful week last week I would say. Carrying of from last week I continued to work on connecting the leg to the male body as, I didn’t fully complete the step last week. Proceeding with what I previously was working on I rotated towards the back of the body and then adjusted the verts and then merged the verts and bridge the bottom of the body the leg which created a bum. I then started to match up the bum to my reference, so it can be shaped properly. Then I collapsed the edge by the bum to give the bum some definition and shape. Finally, I was able to mirror that side of the body before I added a couple more sub divisions and made the model match up to the reference.




Once this was completed on the Tuesday, I spent the rest of my week focusing on my other assignments as I did not want all my other work to pile up. I felt like I was dedicating too much time to my project.

MONDAY 11th DEC 2017

A brand-new week and I would like to begin it by reflecting on how far I have come with my project. So far, I have created the body and added arms and legs to the male model as well as connecting the body parts together, which I think is a good start as we are only in the middle of December I must say. This week I will spend my time creating the hands and feet. To make the hands I inserted a 'poly-cube' and set the poly-cube so that it had a sub division depth of 4 & sub division height of 2. Also, I increased the depth to about 2.6 and the height to about 2.5 so that it’ll be big enough.


Then I moved and positioned the poly-cube so that it was in line and matched the reference and aligned properly with the wrist. By doing this it made it easier for me to connect the hand and the wrist together.


As I could see that the hand was a lot wider and thicker in the front, I pulled the division down to help place the knuckles where it is that I want them to be positioned. Then I adjusted the knuckles, so they were slightly bent, because they shouldn’t be in a straight line.



 
Then I grabbed the bottom faces and extruded them downwards. By doing this, I created the fingers for the male character.

Then I turn OFF the ‘keep faces together’ to separate the faces and when this is done, I can then see finger like structure that has been produced on the hands.
I then later use the scale and move tool to adjust the base of the fingers so that they are close to a square in shape as opposed to them being rectangular

So that the fingers looked more accurate I made the fingers look more tapered, as I adjusted the edges and narrowed them so that it appears more like a finger making it a lot more realistic. This will also give the fingers length. I attempted to make all the fingers realistic so that they were proportional in comparison to an actual human hand. So, I made the index finger the longest and then made the pinky short and then the thumb slightly thicker than the rest of the fingers. Then I went in and adjusted the knuckles of the hand to as this gave them more of a rounder look as well as the whole shape of the hand in general. The reason I did is because realistically knuckles aren’t flat they are typically round.


In terms of the base of the hand I then made it narrower. Doing this will make it a lot easier when it comes to connecting it all together later. Then going back to the knuckles, I then used my insert edge loop tool to create the knuckles for the fingers. Then I manipulated to give the fingers even more shape and tapered the top of the fingers so that they were narrow. Then I adjusted each knuckle individually as well as the fingers as to how I wanted it.


I took a break and continued to model the hand on Thursday. Then I focused on creating the thumb for the hand. To do this I selected the two faces and delete those faces. This will be where I will connect my thumb to (the two faces highlighted in the image). After doing this I grabbed the faces of the index finger and duplicated them by using the ‘duplicate face’ tool, next I separated the parts that I duplicated it, so it is then ready for me to connect to the open socket. Using delete edge to get rid of the knuckle so that it looked more like a thumb and I also made it slightly wider and thicker.
Then I took the centre pivot point that I previously added and adjusted it to the corner of the back of the thumb before snapping it to the opening corner of where the socket is located. There I rotated and positioned the thumb where I wanted it to be placed. To make the thumb look more realistic I tried to position it so that is in a natural pose, for the thumb to sit parallel to the rest of the other fingers of the male character.















On the weekend I used the bridge tool and connected the thumb to the open socket that I made by bridging and combining those two verts to make the faces together. Then I rotated round to the inside of the hand and used the exact same technique which formed a complete hand.




MONDAY 18th - 22nd DEC 2017

After working on creating the hand last week this week I was determined to connect the hand to the wrist of the model and then start creating the feet as soon as possible. To get started I first deleted the cap on the wrist as the hand had been smoothed. After I repositioned the hand to match the arm and scaled my hand so that it is the same size, before I made it ready to be combined with the hand and the arm, so it can fit together. I adjusted the base of the hand and made it smaller.








Although I did come across a slight problem when I attempted to connect the hand to the wrist. I realised that I did not have the same number of verts on the hands as I have on the arms, therefore I had select the tool to merge those top three verts together both on the front and the back of the hand.

Since having dealt with this issue I was then able to merge the following verts which connected the hand to the wrist. I then inserted a new edge loop on to the hand. This will help me utilize bending of the hand further on in my project.
So that the fingers appear in a more natural pose I moved the pivot point upwards and began to bend just the top of the fingers inwards slightly, whilst the model was smoothed.

MONDAY 22nd DEC 2017 - 8th JAN 2018

Did someone say half term? It is indeed half term & I’ve never been happier, A WHOLE TWO WEEKS OFF, wooooooooooohoooo! From the 22nd – 26th Dec I honestly must admit I did no work whatsoever and it felt so damn good. The reason for this is that I was busy preparing for Christmas and on boxing day (26th Dec) I went out shopping in the sales with my family. I would say I’m on track with my project, but I can say that it was a bit of a stress reliever to have a 5-day break, having a clear mind and time to myself and being able to spend time with my family.

Now I’ve had my little mini break, it was truly refreshing but now it’s back to work for me. I’m officially trying to get as much work done this half term especially when it comes to my project. The work begins for me as I create the feet for my male character.

I first inserted a poly-cube and set the poly-cube to have a sub division depth of 3 & sub division width of 2. Also set the height, weight, depth to 4. Then I manipulated the poly-cube in to the shape of a foot by moving the edges and verts. I also made the rear edge rows of the foot narrower, so it will be easier when it comes to connecting it to the leg. I continued to make to make the foot match my reference.


I cut in another set of rows around both sides of the foot and grabbed those edges and push them down towards the sole of the foot. I also connected across the front of the foot. Then I selected the faces of the bottom of the foot and used the transform face tool and scaled the faces down, which created more roundness of the foot. In addition to this I pushed the two bottom faces of the insole to create the arch of the foot, so it can match my reference.


Through the half term I have discovered that creating the foot is takes longer in comparison to the hand, well for me anyways. I then extruded the five faces out of the slots that I created to create the toes. Similar to what I did with the hands I then proceeded to turn OFF the ‘keep faces together’ to separate the faces, I can then see toe like structure that has been produced on the foot, and then extruded each toe one by one. Moving on further I then made the toes a little wider and longer to match my reference, then added extra subdivision to create the toes.










Half of the half term has already flown by, as it is the 2nd of January I get a move on with the model and connect the foot to the leg. First, I deleted the bottom faces of the leg. Afterwards I repositioned the foot to where I want it to be placed and then go in and merge verts which connected the foot to the leg. Then I combine the foot and adjust the verts on the leg and foot. I used the rotate & scaling tool so that it matched my reference.




I’m am so happy I have got to this stage now all that’s left to do is to create the head for my model. Even though there is only a couple of days left till I resume back to class, I at least wanted to get started with modelling the head. On the 4th Jan I began to model the head. To create the head, I First I inserted my image planes that will be used throughout modelling the head. Then I built one poly-cylinder around the eye and set it to have 12 axis subdivisions and 2 subdivision caps I will then build another poly-cylinder around the mouth area and set it to have the same subdivisions as the eye and got rid of all the back faces before working in the front view. Then I narrowed the inner subdivision caps to shape the lips then altered the outside subdivision cap. This allowed me to create the shapes that I need for the lips. I finally deleted half of the faces of the mouth area.







On the 5th I continued to start off from where I last left of by working in the front view. I adjusted the verts and edges to my reference so that the shape of the anatomy was captured.


Then I switched to the side view and extended the first two rows outwards so that it’s in line with the image plane and adjusted the rest of the rows and verts.


My holiday is near enough coming to an end so on the 7th Jan I added some curvature and some shape to the male characters lips. I highlighted the edges and selected 'connect components' to add another row. Next, I used the 'transform components tool' and push out the rows that I created which created some volume.
                                      
Similar to the lips I lined up the eyes so that it matched my reference, before connecting the rows straight up and down. Then going in to the side view I pushed it to end rows of the eye backwards.









TUESDAY 9th - 12th JAN 2018

Ewww I resume back to class today and it’s been boring to be completely honest. After class I went home relaxed and chilled for a bit. It was the next day where I started working on my project again. It’s now the 10th and I feel refreshed, so I am ready to work on my project. Leaving of from last time I then cut in an additional row using the edge loop tool, to create the eyelid for the eye.



Then I moved on to creating the nose I inserted a poly-cylinder and built it so that it has 8 sub divisions and then got rid of all the back faces before adjusting it so that it matched the image plane. Then I selected the interior edges and deleted them and used the connect tool to before adding two new vertical edges and pushed those out to create more volume.







MONDAY 15th - 26th JAN 2018

Great, it's just my luck that my personal laptop has broken, and I wasn't able to do some of my project due to this. However, I overcame this problem as I borrowed a laptop from the library to do my work. Now that I have this laptop I was able to continue with my project.

Since I was able to continue with my project I then extruded the top edges of nose upwards, which created the bridge of the nose in the image like so. Then I added more sub divisions in the nose area to manipulate to create some more definition as well as the nostrils. I grabbed those faces and pushed them backwards, this created the nostrils.






Then I was able to start connecting the features together. I selected the faces under the chin and extruded downwards to help build the face. To create some curvature in the chin I subdivided in that region and created more of a curve, this gave the chin more volume.




By grabbing the edge at the side of the face I extruded it all the way back to create the jawline and then extruded it upwards following the face right above the ear. I then repositioned this in both the side and the front view so that it is accurate to my reference.





MONDAY 22nd - 26th JAN 2018

Picking of from where I left of I aimed to have the model I was creating complete by the end of February. After I created the jaw line I extruded the edges forward to create the cheek. Then I added subdivisions within the faces, which allowed me to create the shape of the cheek.



The next step was challenging as I found it difficult to fill in the rest of the face from the cheek to the mouth, eye & nose area. However, I did not allow this to stop me, I started by grabbing the bottom faces the eye and extrude them down. Next extrude the faces in between the edges and the nose and then merge those together. then i grab the bottom faces under the eye and extrude them outwards to create shape. the next step is to fill the area between the nose and the eyes by filling the gap.


MONDAY 5th - 9th FEB 2018

I have to say that this week I didn't do as much work as I had originally planned to do. This was due to my birthday on the 8th of Feb. Also, with my birthday event I was also in the process of moving to a new house and being back and forth from Luton to Bolsover as well as this I must admit that I did spend more of my time planning my birthday event and packing to move to my house. I am aware that I am supposed to be working on my project, however, as I was moving to a new house… Things were quite hectic and stressful I couldn’t work on my project this week.

MONDAY 12th - 16th FEB 2018

It's half term again this week and as I explained in last week’s blog entry post before I was in the process of moving to a new house, so I still had to get settled in and unpack in my new home. Also, to my disadvantage I had no internet (broadband) and I needed internet to do my project, which was frustrating.

MONDAY 19th - 25th FEB 2018

Half term is over, and I am due back to university on Monday I discussed the issue with my lecturer and explained to him my situation just to give him an update on how things are going with my project. Later during the day, I worked on my project in class, due to me not having internet at home. I did the same thing when I came in on Thursday and continued to do the rest of my assignment when I went home after class as well as on Friday. To make sure that I get the best possible anatomy I constantly switched views to see what it looks like in 3D so that when I am adjusting the head to match my reference. I then created the forehead by selecting the verts on top of the eyebrows and extruded them upwards, then I took the outside vert and merged it together. Once this is done I continued to make sure that I have mimicked the anatomy of my reference.




The next step was a very important step as it shows that I have closed the forehead region. This is done as I closed the two verts and merged them to the bridge of the nose. Once this is done I extruded all the edges at the top and then repositioned them before extruding the edges at the top again.

To create some curvature at the top I rotated the edges so that they are slanted, by doing this I can later manipulate the shape of the forehead and make sure that the verts are evenly distributed since the forehead is an area that is supposed to be smooth.





Then I merged the two verts that are going down the middle of the face together and got rid of any pointiness as I wanted it to be smooth.



On the weekend I completed the final steps making my model. This was done as I created the head. I inserted a poly-sphere then resized & positioned it to fit the at the back of the head before I deleted the bottom half of the sphere. Once this was done I deleted the inner bottom faces of the sphere, this is where the ears are supposed to be placed. Then I grabbed the closest vert and snapped it to the nearest corresponding point on the edge of the forehead.





Then deleted the faces of the sphere towards the forehead. Then I adjusted the size of the sphere and positioned it so that the back of the skull is wider than the front and then extruded the back of the head straight down where it meets the base of the neck. Once this is done I added some subdivision in the neck region to help round out the back of the head. All that is left to do now is to fill out the gaps by extruding those edges out and connecting them together to the other side.

















Now the final step was to make the ear and to create the ear before attaching the head to the body, I inserted a poly-cylinder and deleted the back faces. Whilst working in the side view I repositioned the subdivisions and aligned them to the ear so that it matched my reference. Then I extruded the back faces of the ear to create some depth.

    


















THURSDAY 1st - 2nd MAR 2018
Absolutely brilliant, somehow it is snowing at the beginning of march and I am quite annoyed since I am not able to go in to class. Due to my luck as the train aren’t running and being updated from a friend that the college as they have closed it down for the next two days, so I can't go into class. 

MONDAY 12th MAR 2018
Half term has finally arrived and thank god for that. I am very overwhelmed with the amount of work I've got to do. I have to work on my project and an essay due the day I resume on half term, in addition to Wayne’s web-based game design assignment. So yes, I’m not even going to lie I’m happy that half term is here. These two weeks I will work on all my assignments including my project. Even though I am on half term and I have quite a bit of work to do I still found some time to work on my project, so I started to create the UV maps;
MONDAY 19th - 22nd MAR 2018

After I connected the head and the body together this is the complete male model character. Now this week I will make the UV’s and add texture to the maya model. I begin to create the UVs. Then I start by grabbing the front faces on the arm and then select ‘Planar Map’ in the UV editor. Once this is done this will automatically project the UV’s from that arm at random and I do the same for the back of the arm.
Using the side of the torso as the seam I select those edges and click on ‘move and sew’ in the UV editor and then click smooth tool to smooth the UV


FRIDAY 23rd MAR - 9th APR 2018

Continuing on from where I last left of from With the leg its exactly the same process. I first select half of the faces of the leg and then select ‘planar map’ in the UV editor and then grab the other faces of the leg and planar map that as well. As we are using the same tools over and over again it’s the same process as can be seen from the screenshots


Now I move on to creating the UV’s for the foot doing the exact same process. First I start by grabbing the top faces and planar mapping it. Then I select the bottom faces of the bottom of the foot and planar map that also and smooth the UV
MONDAY 9th APR 2018

Now Regarding the hand I do the same by grabbing the faces from the back and front of the hand and planar map that as well as the thumb. Once this is done I had to use my move and sew tool to merge it together

MONDAY 16th APR 2018

Now whats left to do if the head and the neck. So I select those faces of whole head and then planar map the head


MONDAY 23rd – 4th APR 2018
This week I focus on my other assignment which is making a ubiquitous device, the reason as to why I do this is I am not on track with this as the device isn’t working.

MONDAY 30th APR - FRIDAY 4th MAY 2018
Once the UVs are done I begin to add texture by using the software mudbox. . Using the photo reference that I used as the image plane to create the model I will now create the texture. I begin by importing the model in to Mudbox and ‘add a new subdivision level’. By clicking on the stencil tab, I can now select ‘add stencil’ Then I can load up the same images that I used to reference in Maya



When I click on it it pops up in the view port and I just line the stencil with the character mesh.

Using the projection brush I am able to apply the stencil as a texture and use it to paint on the surface of the mesh. Then switching to the side view I do the exact same and position my mesh and the reference to match each other.  Now I project the head as its own projection and use the brush tool to paint over the mesh in the front view and then I rotate the head on both sides to the side view and do the same. Using the grab brush I adjust the position of the ear to match properly

Now on to the back I do the same and match up the image plane with the mesh.
Now I need to work on blending the textures together by using one of the even tones on the body and paint that in to that the model looks more uniform in terms of color. When doing this I also do this to the inside of the arms. Now I have a character that is cover from all angles and all of the gaps have been filled in so this is how it will look in the end.
The last step is to sculpt the model. Leaving off from where I left off with the texture, I turn on the symmetry. Then I use the brush to start defining the torso and sketching in the shape of the rib cage and obliques. Once this is done I turn around and do the same defining and exaggerate some of the shapes on the back of the character. Then I turn off the symmetry and still using the bulge brush I continue to define the body and then smooth it all out





MONDAY 7th - 11th MAY 2018

Besides working on my other assignment from Monday to Wednesday, the rest of week I worked on giving my project (Maya scene) to my fellow peers in my class. I gave my project to them so that I can gain some feedback on my game. The aim of doing this is that I wanted to see their view point on the production of my game. As well as seeing what they thought the strengths and weaknesses of my model scene were. I asked my peers and some of my own friends to go away during half term and play it and then the after half term they are to tell me what they thought of the game or if they thought there was anything that could be improved within the game.

This week I received feedback from my fellow peers and gathered together what they thought of the 3D model. They concluded that Maya model would be better if I could add some animation to the model and it'd be a good idea to add some sound to my scene to make it even more realistic. As the male character that I had created was supposed to be similar to superman and very superhero like.

I even got my teacher to have a glance over my project, even though he was restricted on that feedback he could give me as I am on a Degree course, he let me know that I was heading in the right direction and gave me positive feedback.

After receiving the feedback, I went away and improved my 3D model even further based on the feedback by adding animation but that didn’t go so well. I attempted to rig the character so I could add movement to it so you could see it walking but I could not attach it to the character.




Comments